In-Depth Review: BOSS Audio Systems AR1500M Car Amplifier
I’ve been on the hunt for a good amplifier for a while. My main concern was finding something that wasn’t outrageously priced but could still deliver exceptional sound. After searching around, this amplifier seemed like it would fit what I needed.
The product description said it had a max power outlet of 1500 Watts and liked that you could also customize settings across the board. So with that, I decided to give this monoblock amplifier from BOSS a try, and I’m so glad that I did!
Sound quality is important to me, and the speaker system my car came with just wasn’t powerful enough. This amp is perfect for anyone looking to boost bass and also have the option to customize the sound.
Also Read: The Best Monoblock Car Amps
What You Should Know
I found this amp to be pretty straightforward while still delivering on all the fronts I needed it to. A quick rundown of what you’re working with:
- The MOSFET ensures high-quality output.
- This amp is 2-ohm stable.
- It comes with short protection in case of overheating, which will protect your amp in the long run.
Here’s are all the features you can customize with this amp:
- The variable low pass crossover helps you control the frequencies passing through the subwoofer.
- The switchable bass boost means you can boost the low bass a good +18db.
- The subwoofer level control is my favorite feature, with a wired remote to customize the subwoofer output.
All the customizable features for this price point are what really sold me. I like to tinker with my settings from time to time as I listen to a variety of music genres that sound better at different levels.
My First Impressions
Let’s start with the installation process. I’ve never installed an amp before, so you could say I was a little nervous. While you definitely want to follow the instructions and read carefully, I was surprised by how easy it was. I made sure to read through all the instructions first and make sure to measure everything carefully.
After sitting back to admire my handiwork, I couldn’t get over how great this amp looks. It’s got a heavy metal body, but weighing less than five pounds. It’s sturdy and attractive. It’s got a bass knob and the wired remote for controlling the subwoofer level. I was just excited to see this finally set up in my car and see how things sounded.
This was my first time using an amp, and I was instantly impressed with the quality of sound. I wasn’t sure if it was just because I was so used to my less-than-impressive built-in sound system, but I was blown away by how much better everything sounded through this amp.
After playing with all the customizable settings for a while to achieve the perfect sound, I was able to get the ideal levels for any type of music I played. I love a wide variety of music, from metal to bluegrass to hip hop, and everything sounded so much better through the BOSS Audio car amp.
My Impression After A Few Weeks
Even after growing accustomed to the impressive increase in power and sound quality, I’m still so satisfied with how well this amp works.
I’m familiar with all the customizable features, so now it’s a breeze to make a tweak here or there to get things sounding just how I want them to. I really love using the switchable bass boost to up my low bass levels, and I’m also a huge fan of the subwoofer remote, which makes it so easy to get any genre of music to sound just right.
I’ve owned and used the BOSS Audio car amp for a few months now, and it’s safe to say I’m a very satisfied customer. Not only is the sound quality better than anything I’ve ever used in my car, but I also love that you don’t need to be a tech-savvy person to figure out how to use or install it.
Before this amp, my sound system just wasn’t delivering the quality of sound that I wanted. Now I’ve even got a couple of friends asking what kind of amp I’ve got because they want to get one, too. The monoblock amplifier is a great choice for anyone looking to maximize their subwoofer and overall sound quality.
A quick review of the pros and cons:
- Easy to install, even if you’ve never used an amplifier before.
- It comes with lots of customizable elements so you can get exactly the sound you’re looking for.
- It comes with high and low-level inputs so you can get the perfect sound with any system.
- Looks great and feels sturdy and powerful.
- Really delivers on sound! The volume on this amplifier can get to insane levels, all while maintaining incredible clarity and sound quality.
- It can take some time to get used to the customizable features if you’ve never used an amplifier.
- It can get to crazy loud levels, which I guess could be a “pro” depending on what kind of person you are, so I included this point for both sides. I’ve definitely had to be careful with the volume and bass levels, depending on who my passengers are.
I give the BOSS car amp an all-star rating. You just can’t beat the price for what you get, and the quality is consistent and impressive.
Even though it took me a little time to understand how to maximize all my levels for the perfect sound, getting to that point was so worth it. I highly recommend this BOSS amp!