What Are The Best Tire Pressure Gauge Options of 2020?
When refilling your tires, it is important to accurately discern the level of capacity in the tires before inflating them. Not doing so may cause your tires to be overinflated, which is ultimately counterproductive to filling them up in the first place.
With the best tire pressure gauge, you can carefully monitor your tire pressure levels to ensure that they also do not become too low, which can lead to wear and tear on your rims and a lack of quality performance. Therefore, it is important to have quality tire pressure gauges on hand at all times to ensure that your tires remain at optimal levels.
Compare Our Picks For The Best Tire Pressure Gauge of 2020
1. AstroAI Digital Pressure Gauge
The AstroAI digital pressure gauge provides you with everything you need to monitor your tire pressure. The product is designed to help you maintain correct tire pressure, reduce tire wear, and extend tire life. The product comes with a digital gauge display reading that is instant and clear, so you’ll no longer have to do the guesswork to figure out complex measurements.
The AstroAI comes with a variety of nozzles that easily form a seal with the valve stem, allowing the product to give quick and accurate readings. Using the pressure gauge is as simple as turning it on and selecting the range. What’s really convenient is that it automatically shuts off after thirty seconds to save power. The pressure gauge comes with a non-slip texture that makes it easy to hold onto, and the ergonomic design is suitable for both men’s and women’s hands.
- Digital Gauge Display – There is nothing worse than finding yourself with a leaky tire after the sun has set and having to accurately measure tire pressure with only dim light from a phone or flashlight. Thanks to this device’s digital display, you won’t have to worry about this unnecessary complication.
- Quality Product – The AstroAI comes with a one-year warranty with a battery included. The product is versatile too, working with cars, trucks, motorcycles, and bikes.
- Accurate Readings – The AstroAI digital pressure gauge is designed to help you maintain correct tire pressure by eliminating the guesswork involved with analog tire pressure gauges. Plus, using the device isn’t cumbersome, so you’ll be comfortable when you’re using the device.
- High Value – For the price of what you are paying, you’ll be pleased with the quality of the product. While it might appear like a cheaper piece plastic, it’s actually a highly effective piece of equipment that is designed to maximize your automotive investment.
- Battery Life – Some have complained about the battery life, which can be frustrating when you’re on the road and encounter an emergency. Fortunately, the battery is easy to replace, but it’s a good idea to keep a spare one in your car along with the tire pressure gauge.
The tool provides four settings with a range of 0-150PSI/ 0-7 Bar/ 0-7 Kgf/cm or 0-700KPA. It is important to note that in order to get a good seal, you’ll need to put the tire’s air nozzle up or off to the side. It is best when the nozzle is around six or seven o’clock positioning so that you can firmly press the tire pressure gauge straight down and read the measurement by tilting your head slightly. Always remember the most important thing for you is to be able to press down straight and hard onto the tire’s nozzle.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do batteries last, and is it easy to replace them?
In many instances, the battery lasts about one year, and all you have to do is unscrew the device to replace the battery.
Is this device for valves only, or can it be used with a Presta valve stem on bicycles?
No, it cannot be used with a Presta valve stem, but it can be used with Schrader, or American, valves.
Does the reading stay lit when removed from the valve stem, or does it immediately shut off?
It stays lit for a short period of time, about ten seconds, and then the product automatically shuts off to save power.
How accurate are the readings?
The readings are rounded to .5 lbs psi. It is not a perfect system, but it is good enough for everyday driving purposes.
Does this work on 18-wheeler tires?
As long as the tires typically use less than 150 psi, then you shouldn’t have any problems using this device. The most important aspect is the length since you need to be able to reach the inflating valve with little effort.
How is the LCD display in bright sunshine?
Excellent. The LCD display has a blue backlight with black numerals, so viewing the LCD screen in sunlight should not be a problem.
What kind of battery does it take?
The device requires a 3-volt battery, but batteries come installed so that the device is ready to use immediately.
If you are looking to maximize the lifespan of your tires, then you need a way to accurately monitor their tire pressure. Without the ability to do this, you run the risk of driving out on deflated tires, which can be dangerous. With the AstroAI digital tire pressure gauge, you will benefit from the ability to quickly and accurately monitor the pressure of your tires so that you can keep your vehicle in good repair.
Use the tire pressure gauge when you need to check if it is time for a tire rotation or refill, or use it in an emergency. One of the best characteristics of this gauge is that it’s easy to use. All you have to do is insert the nozzle and press a few buttons to receive an up-to-the-second reading. You will be confident in the measurement and amazed at how fast and effective this product is at keeping track of your tire pressure. The AstroAI digital tire pressure gauge is a product that can be used for a wide variety of needs beyond tire pressure. Use this product as your go-to solution to keep track of your automotive investment.
2. Exwell Tire Pressure Gauge
If you are looking for a fast and effective way to quickly monitor your tire pressure, then look no further. Without having an accurate read on your tire pressure, you are subject to many complications that can jeopardize the value of your automotive investment. By effectively tracking this tire pressure, you can prevent tire deflation and avoid flats misalignment.
If you are tired of having to go to the mechanic to check your tire pressure only to be upsold on services that you may or may not need, then do yourself a favor: Purchase a digital tire pressure gauge so that you can check your tire pressure yourself—without all the hassle and money spent on having someone else check it for you.
- Great Value – The Exwell is a product that will be certain to deliver you the high-quality performance that you are looking for when purchasing a digital gauge. When stacked against its competition in terms of pricing, it is right on par and offers the reliability that you need.
- Durable Product – The Exwell comes with a three-year support warranty, so you’ll be confident in your purchase.
- Three-in-One Function – The Exwell is unique because it offers three functions in a single package. The product has the ability not only to check your tire pressure but also to connect to its built-in air pump to inflate the tire. The Exwell also comes with a deflate feature if the tire has too much tire pressure.
- Possible Leak – Some customers have complained about the product having a leak, thus causing the gauge to fill up the tire slowly and ineffectively. As such, it might not be the best tire pressure gauge in times of emergencies, and daily use might not be appropriate.
With the Exwell gauge, you’re in good hands. The digital tire pressure gauge allows a wide range of measurements between five to 150 psi range. The digital backlight readout provides an easy to read display, even by night.
The Exwell gauge comes with a rugged and durable structure that’s great for extended use. The design of the digital tire gauge air nozzle is in the form of a plug that allows for an easy connection to an inflatable pump, and this ergonomic design is very convenient to use. Exwell is a product that is suitable for all vehicles. The design of the tire pressure gauge, coupled with its wide range of measurements, makes it perfect for all types of vehicles, from construction trucks, sport utility vehicles, and cars, motorcycles, and bikes.
No one wants their journey to be cut short by a deflated tire, so many people have a portable tire inflator gauge on hand. A major advantage of this product is that it’s easy to transport. Gone are the days of bulky and heavy inflators that have no added features.
The modern tire inflator gauge comes with many add-ons that make the purchase a no-brainer. You just can’t beat a three-in-one device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a way to connect this product to a 12-volt tire inflator instead of an air compressor?
If you are able to disconnect the fill hose on the 12V inflator, you might be able to attach it to the gauge. You probably don’t want to do that because the inflator sends all compressed air directly into the tire and that will cause the gauge to show the air pressure numbers jumping around instead of rising steadily.
Can I deflate my tires with this tire pressure gauge?
Yes. This product is designed to achieve the function of inflation, bleed and tire pressure detection by the valve spool stroke of upper and lower valve cover.
Can I use this product on RV tires? What hose do I need to connect it to for my RV?
Yes, you can use the product on your RV’s tires. It needs to be hooked to a compressor, but not an A/C compressor that compresses air.
Can I use this as a gauge only? Without using an air pressure hose?
You can absolutely use it as a gauge without an air pressure hose to test the tire pressure.
The Exwell tire pressure gauge is an all-in-one solution that will offer peace of mind because you’ll know your tire pressures needs will be covered. The three-in-one feature provides you with the flexibility to handle all of your air pressure needs at an affordable price. Plus, you can be confident in the product’s reliability knowing that it comes with a three-year warranty has you covered.
3. Texton Digital Tire Gauge
If you’re on the trail of a highly compact and accurate tire pressure gauge you can easily slip in the trunk or the glove compartment of your car, the Texton is a bright red beauty at a budget-friendly price. Measuring across 4 ranges for your complete convenience, get a quick and accurate reading on the go at an incredibly low price.
- Good for up to 100 PSI Range
- Fits snugly in the hand without slipping
- Handy nozzle and display light
- Some questions raised about build quality
Keeping a great tire pressure gauge in the car is a smart move and with this ergonomic and well-designed model from Texton, you can cover your back without spending a fortune.
You get a readout of pressure in your chosen range (PSI, Kg per cubic centimeter, Kpa, or bars. The display is lit making it perfect for use at night and the auto shut-off after 30 seconds does it part to conserve battery life.
To power this gauge, you’ll need 1 x CR2032 3-V lithium coin cell and 3 x LR44 1.5-V button cells.
Fitting neatly in the hand and taking up remarkably little by the way of storage space, there’s no excuse not to have a portable tire gauge with prices this low.
4. Rhino Heavy Duty Tire Gauge
If you’re looking for a hard-hitting tire pressure gauge man enough to take on trucks and RVs, Rhino offer a very cost-effective heavy-duty gauge. With a luminous dial and rock solid brass components, you won’t be disappointed with this gauge.
- Works effectively with all types of vehicle
- 2” glow-in-the-dark dial for operating in dim conditions
- Money-back guarantee so nothing to lose
- 75 PSI is relatively limited, especially for bike tires
Rhino gives you everything you need and nothing that you don’t need with this no-nonsense 75 PSI tire pressure gauge.
Pressure is displayed in PSI on an oversized dial that glows up blue allowing you to see clearly even in dim environments.
The long cable lets you access the tire valve wherever it’s position so you can check away with the minimum of effort.
Think closely in advance if the limitation of 75 PSI will prove restrictive rather than ending up underwhelmed.
5. JACO Deluxe Tire Pressure Gauge
Looking like a supersized watch, this 100-PSI tire pressure gauge from JACO is an extremely accurate method of keeping track of the state of your boots. The clear dial displays pressure in PSI. This gauge is built to withstand some rough and tumble while continuing to deliver precise readings.
- Runs without batteries so you’ll never be out of power
- 360-degree swivel chuck simplifies valve access
- Lifetime satisfaction guarantee gives you total confidence buying
- No light so make provision for nighttime use
The JACO gauge is an exercise in simplicity that all comes together in a highly accurate unit.
The way in which the chuck is designed to move through a full 360 degrees means you can get onto the valves with ease wherever they’re positioned. You can reset the readings at the push of a button. An integrated bleeder valve brings down the pressure in tires that have been overinflated.
Weighing just under 6oz and measuring up at 4.5” x 1” x 2”, this heavy-hitting gauge slips simply into the glove compartment or trunk when not in use.
If you’re looking for a dependable and affordable tire pressure gauge, the JACO is tough to beat.
6. Dans Tire Pressure Gauge 60 PSI
Dans Tire Pressure gauges come with a lifetime guarantee against manufacturing defects and other issues, so you’re covered for the life of the gauge.
- The 17-inch hose provides lots of clearance to maneuver
- Large, liquid-filled display is easy to read
- Includes a lifetime guarantee from Dans Auto
- No display light
- Analog reading can be frustrating for some people
Dans makes measuring your tire PSI easy and accessible with a large face and 360-degree swivel – no more parking lot yoga to read the pressure. It features an ANSI rated design using analog pressure for accurate readings.
The outer casing of the tool uses military-grade rubber, a tough and crack resistant material that holds up with regular use. You get 17 inches for the hose and extra tire chucks for better readings for motorcycle tires and larger SUV tires.
The tire pressure reading holds until you release the pressure, so you don’t need paper or frantic memorization. The displays use liquid glycerol to prevent fogging from moisture and create a better, longer-lasting seal to help the tool hold up throughout the years.
It’s not subject to issues from extreme cold or sudden temperature changes, and you have plenty of clearance to read and maneuver the dial under less than ideal circumstances. It doesn’t have a light, so you’ll need some kind of light source at night, but overall, it’s a reliable choice.
It comes with an e-book to help you better determine your ideal tire pressure depending on your unique circumstances.